We strive to use our global scale for good and to create our products in a way that benefits our consumers, our suppliers, our communities and our planet
Our Global Goals
We believe that there is an opportunity to change how the world produces, distributes, consumes and disposes of food and beverages in order to tackle the shared challenges we face.
We aim to use our scale, reach and expertise to help build a more sustainable food system; one that can meet human needs for nutrition and enjoyment, and continue to drive economic and social development, without exceeding the natural boundaries of the planet.
Our Goal: Advance environmental, social and economic benefits to communities around the world by supporting practices and technologies that promote improved farmer livelihoods and agricultural resiliency
- Achieve 100% sustainably sourced* potato, whole corn, oats, oranges, palm oil and sugar cane by 2020
- Achieve sustainably sourced priority raw materials based on business needs by 2025
*"Sustainably sourced" refers to meeting the independently verified Social, Environmental and Economic principles of PepsiCo’s Sustainable Farming Programme, enabling best practices and positive outcomes for farmers, communities and the planet.
Our Goal: Drive water security to assure business continuity while positively contributing to communities.
- In high water-risk areas, by 2025:
- Improve water use efficiency by 15% in our agricultural supply chain (focused on corn and potatoes)
- Improve operational water use efficiency by 25%
- Replenish 100% of the water we consume in manufacturing operations
- Adopt the Alliance for Water Stewardship standard as our vehicle for water advocacy
- Deliver safe water access to 25 million people by 2025
Circular Future for
Our Goal: Fundamentally change the way consumers interact with our packaging to deliver our vision of a world where plastics need never become waste.
- Design 100% of packaging to be recyclable, compostable or biodegradable by 2025
- Reduce 35% of virgin plastic content across our beverage portfolio by 2025
- Invest to increase recycling rates in key markets by 2025
- In the UK we've also committed to increase recycled content in our plastics packaging to 30% by 2025 and we've joined other industry leaders in signing the UK Plastics Pact
Improved Choices Across Our Portfolio
Our Goal: Reduce added sugars, sodium and saturated fats.
- Reduce Added Sugars: ≥67% of beverage portfolio will have ≤100 calories from added sugars per 12oz. serving by 2025
- Reduce Sodium: ≥75% of foods portfolio will not exceed 1.3 milligrams of sodium per calorie by 2025
- Reduce Saturated Fat: ≥75% of foods portfolio will not exceed 1.1 grams of saturated fat per 100 calories by 2025
Our Goal: Do our part to curb climate change by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across our value chain.
- Reduce absolute GHG emissions across PepsiCo's value chain by 20% by 2030
Promote a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
Our Goal: Advance respect for human rights by using PepsiCo's capabilities and scale.
- Drive fair and safe working conditions throughout our value chain and address our most salient human rights issues (i.e., Freedom of Association, Human Right to Water, Land Rights, Vulnerable Worker Groups, Working Hours and Wages, and Workplace Safety)
- Extend the principles of our Supplier Code of Conduct to all of our franchisees and joint ventures by 2025
for Human Rights
Our Goal: Promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Achieve gender parity by 2025 in management roles
- Sustain our pay equity programme
Support Women's Economic Advancement
Our Goal: Increase the earnings potential of women to drive economic growth and increase food security.
- Invest $100 million by 2025 to provide 12.5 million women with essential resources for workforce readiness and in programmes that empower women in the food system and farming